The establishment of the Cooperative Academy is NATCCO's way of fully embracing its role as a developer and transformer of member cooperatives so that they may, in turn, transform the communities that they serve. If the fruits of the Cooperative Academy’s labor are not made manifest in the lives of the communities served by NATCCO, then it would not have fulfilled its cooperative mandate.
In line with the above concept, Bayan Academy is providing its services in the creation of the NATCCO Cooperative Academy, with the aim of establishing NATCCO as the authority on cooperatives in the Philippines. These services shall be delivered in five (5) phases:
- PHASE 1: Learning Materials Development and Inventory for Co-op Leadership and Management Program (LAMP)
- PHASE 2: Co-op LAMP Training Design and Delivery
- PHASE 3: Continuation of Learning Materials Development
- PHASE 4: Establishment of Online Knowledge Resource Center (KRC)
- PHASE 5: Creation of NATCCO Cooperative Development and Management Manual
All throughout the five phases, Bayan Academy shall be capacitating members of the NATCCO Cooperative Academy team through monthly mentoring sessions. These sessions shall be conducted by Dr. Eduardo Morato, Jr., with the support of Bayan Academy’s pool of consultants.