Bayan Academy and the Center for Community Transformation resolved to assess the feasibility of 3 businesses that CCT will be hosting in its building-facility in Puerto Princessa, Palawan. These businesses include:
- Resto-cafe & lounge that is positioned to feature a menu that adheres to a health and wellness theme (initial idea only—consistent with CCT’s thrusts in developing spiritual wellness, mental wellness, financial wellness, community wellness and individual wellness);
- Training facility positioned as a “center or institute” for continuing education in livelihood management, community-development and entrepreneurship;
- Lodging facility and dormitory/hostel positioned for visiting students, tourists and transients (i.e. students of the training facility, volunteerism or volunteer tourists, eco-tourism students, visitors of the spiritual wellness center, and other people transacting with in the building-facility’s offices).
These 3 businesses were identified after a rapid assessment of the following:
- The location of CCT’s building-facility in Puerto Princesa—its close proximity to the airport and key transport terminals, and its midpoint location in the island of Palawan;
- CCT’s long-term initiatives in livelihood management, entrepreneurship and management education;
- CCT’s initiatives in community development and the building-facility’s role in the province of Palawan and the MIMAROPA region; and
- the foreseen transactions that are to take place in the offices hosted in the said building-facility.