First Gas Hydro Power Corporation (FGHPC) owns and operates the Pantbanagan-Masiway Hydroelectric Complex in Nueva Ecija. FGHPC has active involvement in their host communities through their Community Social Responsibility (CSR). With the aim to continuously improve its CSR program, FGHPC has expressed its intent to update the profile of its host communities to know the current needs of its beneficiaries and to know how responsive FGHPC’s CSR program has been in the past.
As a follow-up research to the 2016 community profiling in Pantabangan, Bayan Academy was commissioned to conduct another study in First Gen Corporation’s primary and secondary host communities. Similar to the previous study, this study’s general objectives are as follows:
- To update the community profile of the host communities;
- To assess the level of social acceptability of the project on the host communities;
- To determine the effectiveness of the company’s CSR program towards enhancing the overall harmonious relations with the host communities;
In addition to these, the study will also aim to deliver the following:
- To identify a social enterprise development opportunity for Brgy. Fatima, one of First Gen’s primary host barangays. This will be anchored on the recent Pantabangan social enterprise opportunity seeking study which we also did for FGHPC.
- To determine the baseline measurements of the development indicators of the newly included secondary host communities in Carranglan. The indicators to be measured will be the same as what was measured for all other host communities.